AdFed Suncoast Scholarship
Sponsored by atLarge Inc.
AAF-Suncoast and atLarge, Inc. is proud to be able to offer one $1000 scholarship to a deserving student pursuing a certificate or degree in advertising, marketing, graphic design, communications or a related field. The scholarship will be awarded in installments of $500 per semester for 2 semesters. Eligible students must apply by 5:00 pm on Monday, February 5, 2018.
- Be enrolled as a student at a college, university, technical or vocational institute located within one of the following counties: Sarasota, Manatee or DeSoto
- Be returning to your institution or a graduate institution in the Fall of 2018
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Be pursuing a technical certificate, associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree in advertising, marketing, graphic design, communications or a related field of study
Candidates meeting the eligibility requirements listed above should download and complete the PDF application.
The completed application must be submitted with the following:
- Copy of your college transcript (unofficial is fine)
- One-page resume
- One-page cover letter outlining your experiences, involvement and achievements within the advertising, marketing, graphic design or communications industry.
- 3 samples of advertising-related work (ex: ads, design projects, videos, writing samples)
- If submitting an application in person, include BOTH color print outs and JPEG/PDF files on a CD
- Videos can be submitted as MOV files, YouTube, Dropbox, or Google Drive links
- Campaign elements must be compiled on one sheet of paper no larger than 11 x 17 inches.
- A short description of the project should be included on the same page as the work outlining objectives, target market, strategy, etc.
- If emailing an application, include JPEG/PDF files
- Videos can be submitted as MOV files
- Campaign elements must be compiled on one PDF
- A short description of the project should be included in the PDF as the work outlining objectives, target market, strategy, etc.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member, dean or internship supervisor
- A personal statement no longer than one page answering the following:
- Describe an advertising campaign from the past year that you feel has been effective in breaking through the clutter and explain why.
Submitting The Application
The deadline for submitting a scholarship application is 5:00 pm on Monday, February 5, 2018.
In-person applications can be dropped off at atLarge, Inc. for Brittany Altmann. If mailed, please send to the address below. Mailed applications must be postmarked by February 5, 2018.
Please mail completed application to:
1413 Blvd of the Arts
Sarasota, FL 34236
Electronic Submission can be emailed to Brittany Altmann at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please subject your email as “YOUR NAME - 2018 AAF-SUNCOAST SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSION”
All applicants will receive an email acknowledgement that their application has been received, along with info as to the status of their application after the judging occurs. The scholarship winner will be announced at the AAF-Suncoast ADDY Awards Gala on Sunday, February 25, 2018. Questions can be directed to Brittany Altmann, atLarge, Inc., at email@example.com.